Portugal Approves Changes to Golden Visa Scheme
Portugal Government has approved Golden visa Decree Law No. 14/2021 that makes important changes coming into effect from Jan 1, 2022. The new legislation was published on Government gazette on Feb 12
The Decree law 14/2021 which comes in to force increases of the amounts involving “Investment activity” for real estate and capital transfer investments. Here are brief summary of the most important changes.
The new decree-law aims to bridge regional differences, promoting quality of life and sustainable development in rural and inner regions of Portugal
- The acquisition of property with a value equal to or over 500,000€ is only allowed when the dwellings are located in the Autonomous Regions of the Azores and Madeira or in inland territories. This is increased from €280K/350K minimum.
- Capital transfer investments will also increase for Bank deposits or Govt bonds) increases to €1.5 million euros (from €1 million)
- Capital transfer in the amount equal to or higher than 500,000€, which is applied in research activities developed by public or private scientific research institutions, integrated in the national scientific and technological system;
- Capital transfers equal to or greater than 500,000€, for the acquisition of investment units in investment funds;
- Capital transfers in the amount equal to or higher than 500,000€, for the incorporation of a commercial company with registered office in national territory.
Leave a Reply